Monday, May 24, 2010

Windows Media Player 10 Library location?

Does anyone know where Windows Media Player 10 stores its libary information? I lost my C: drive and I have a backup but I don't know where the data is except that it's supposed to be stored with the user.

Windows Media Player 10 Library location?
EDIT: I have found the media library file. You need to Display Hidden Folders first. Next go to Documents and Settings, your User Name, Local Settings, Application Data, Microsoft, Media Player. In this directory are the data files you need. Copy them into the same location on your new installation or user name and it will work fine





I would like to point out that if you are worried about meta-tag, it should be stored with the audio file itself. When you edit ID3 tags they will show up wherever the file is used. However, library features like Rating, Mood and Play Count are not stored with the file.
Reply:it pretty much checks your drive and builds the library, it dowsn't move the files, just keeps a record of where they are


No comments:

Post a Comment