Monday, May 24, 2010

How can I make my itune library default to external hard drive?

I have 200gb of music/videos. I have a 1000gb external hard drive where I want to keep all my itunes. When I change the advanced settings to the external hard drive, it keeps returning to my C drive. When it defaults to my internal hard drive I get error messages that I have no more space.

How can I make my itune library default to external hard drive?
Open iTunes and go under Preferences. Under the advanced tab, change the default location to your external hard drive. Then go up to Advanced %26gt; Consolidate Library. This moves everything to the external hard drive but it creates a copy. Then delete the iTunes Music folder from your internal hard drive once you verified that it successfully copied over. Hope that helps.
Reply:Probably because you can't, as it needs to go to one that's located inside the computer and not one that can be popped out back and fourth. If your looking to backup your library, do it this way.


http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1382

phlox

No comments:

Post a Comment