Saturday, May 22, 2010

How do I get ReadProcessMemory to work in Visual C++ Express?

I am trying to write my own memory editor using Visual C++ Express and I cannot get the function ReadProcessMemory to work. The compiler says it cannot find the identifier. I have included Windows.h in my code and the documentation says I need Kernel32.lib also, but when I try to include it, the compiler says the library cannot be found. Does anyone have any ideas?

How do I get ReadProcessMemory to work in Visual C++ Express?
For some bizarre reason, MSVC++ 2005 Express doesn't come with the standard include %26amp; library files needed to create Windows programs.


Download %26amp; install the R2 Windows Platform SDK. It has all the libraries %26amp; includes for just about all of the Windows functions. The invaluable Windows functions reference is included too. Once you get that installed, you have to specify in your project settings where to look for the include files and .lib files.


(I really hate having to specify all my settings for each new project, so that's why I just made batch files for compiling %26amp; linking.)


http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...


(This is a large download.)

peony

No comments:

Post a Comment