Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sharing an iTunes library??

Read some websties and even the Apple support pages but not sure if I'm just missing something obvious.





I have two laptop computers and one external hard drive all networked together.





I have saved my entire CD collection onto the external hard drive, and can access them all from either laptop fine.





However my problem is if I add a new CD to the collection... the other laptop doesn't know it exists until I import it.....





Is there anyway I can just have the iTunes libary file on the external hard drive? So both laptops use the same library file?





According to the Apple website if you delete / move the library from your c:/mydocumnets... then next time you start itunes it just creates a new blank one.





I have tried changing the location of "my music folder" to the hard drive, but this seems to have no relation to the library file?





I don't want to do the "share library" thing that allows access to my latop. I want to be able to access the library on the external drive!

Sharing an iTunes library??
probabbly not possible, computers are mean..


No comments:

Post a Comment