Thursday, July 30, 2009

How can I compile a .dll using microsoft visual c++ 6?

I need to compile a Dinamyc Library that was originaly developed under Borland C, but now we need to migrate to Visual C++, and I would like to use the same code I used before. How can I compile a .dll using visual C++?

How can I compile a .dll using microsoft visual c++ 6?
Well u need to know how to make the dll workspace to work in it right ?





in your vc++ open new project and choose dynamic link library .. then import all you cpp and headers files into this new project .





finally just remove the default cpp file created with the new project that u don't need it anymore , and save yourworkspace and you can start compilation now .
Reply:Does it need to be recompiled? One of the strengths of DLLs is their reusability - you can write a DLL in C then import it into pretty much any language and use it quite happily, and this normally doesn't mean recompiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment